I am the Product Director at Differential, a digital product agency based out of Cincinnati, Ohio. Although Differential is based in Cincinnati, we have employees all across the country, from L.A. to New York, from Las Vegas to Florida. I live in Orlando, FL with my beautiful wife, our son, my step-daughter, and our pug, Jabba.
In addition to being Product Director, I am also a Product Lead of one of our product teams. As Product Lead, I am responsible for leading a team of designers and developers in the creation of a digital product for our client. At Differential, we engage in long-term relationships with our clients in order to Define, De-risk, and Deliver elegant solutions to the problems they – and their customers – are facing. Some of my responsibilities include:
- Building product roadmaps
- Breaking product roadmaps into cycles and releases
- Working with the client to scope and prioritize the work
- Building spreadsheets and templates (boy do I love spreadsheets! 😍)
- Helping the team refine scope
- Helping the team by removing blockers
- Continually improving the process through recurring retrospectives
- Organizing the pipeline of work
- Versioning, releases, and deployments
- Building apps and tools to improve our product process
- Reviewing and evaluating analytics and user feedback
- Keeping the team and client up-to-date on progress
- Doing monthly product demos to all of Differential
- Writing code (yes, I still get to do that, too)
- Designing user flows, wireframes, and user interfaces
- Building UIKits for the product
- Making architectural decisions
- Working with other Product Leads to improve our process across all product teams
- And a lot more, but you get the idea! 😜
What about hobbies?
I love what I do, but I care deeply about spending quality time with my family. I love to get outside for walks, go biking, go to the park, take pictures, spend time talking to one another, and watching the kids grow (way too fast!).
Personally, I enjoy reading books, catching up on Netflix and movies, splurging on Apple products I don’t need, trying to find new things to learn, and constantly figuring out ways to minimize the things that aren’t necessary in order to maximize only the essential.
Interested in how I work?
If you’re at all interested in how I work: my workspace, the apps I use, etc., then you can take a gander at what I use to learn all about it! 🖥
© 2019 Drew Barontini — Building products under Drewbio, LLC